Louis performed for my nephew’s 1st birthday party last Saturday. He was just AWESOME and let me enumerate why:
- He communicated well. I found him online so I wasn’t sure if he’d actually show up but he made me at ease by confirming through email, calling on the day of the party to confirm we’re all set, and sending me updates before arriving that everything’s on schedule.
- The kids loved him! They were laughing and eagerly participating all throughout the show. He really has a way with kids.
- He has a great sense of humor. Yes, the tricks were all cool but I was really impressed by the way he could entertain both kids and adults! He had hilarious jokes that kept the grown-ups laughing!
- He’s a flawless performer. You can tell he’s very experienced. He brought plenty of props for his show and there was never a dull moment.
- He completes the party. He gives out magic trick sets that the kids can take home and makes animal balloons for each of the kids (we had around 15). Because of all this, we didn’t have to prepare games or any other activities for the kids.The party was described as “perfect” by some of our guests and I’m sure Louis is one of the reasons why! Thank you so much!
I just have 1 suggestion for Louis the Magician: please bring business cards because there were so many parents asking for your details!!!
-Karen, Accokeek, MD
Louis the Magician gives one of the most entertaining and charming magic shows imaginable. He performed (for the second time) at our house December 28 before a mixed audience of 16 adults and 10 children, most of the latter under the age of 10. All had seen him the first time, but were just as enchanted this time.
What makes Louis special is a style that appeals equally to kids and adults: a unique delivery that appears to include mistakes, uncertainties, and downright errors that the kids love and adults enjoy–both on their own, and as they watch their kids react. Louis is perfectly competent at the magician part of the show, but his tricks are geared more to the comedy dimension of his performance, which makes it so much fun to watch. The show works well because he projects an air of vulnerability and self-deprecation that keeps the kids riveted and eager to “expose” his apparent, but deliberate, vulnerabilities–an approach that is hilarious to both kids and adults. Louis’s low-key delivery and feigned amateurism add to his charm. I would recommend Louis the Magician to all and sundry, but don’t just drop your kids off–give yourself a treat and stay for the show.
-John, Arlington, VA
Thank you again for the wonderful birthday party! All the kids (and parents too!) couldn’t stop talking about it. The show was absolutely age-appropriate and you did a fantastic job keeping them engaged. (Birthday girl) keeps showing me how to do the “magic hands” to change Abbott the rabbit into a real rabbit!
–Maryanne, Rockville MD
You were very professional and engaging. I look forward to working with you again.
–Angela, Burtonsville, MD
Very friendly and handled the kids well. We were extremely pleased.
–Amy, Fairfax, VA
Would absolutely recommend Louis to anyone. Great magician.
–Susan, Alexandria, VA
You are thoroughly professional, talented, and a pleasure to work with.
–Renee, Potomac, MD
Louis is great with children.
–Maria, Sterling, VA
My son has special needs and it usually takes him a (long) time to warm up to other, especially folks he is not familiar with, however, we didn’t have any problems. Louis has a special gift and should be encouraged to keep bringing happiness to others through his magic.
Thank you so much. You were a delight.
–Barnes and Noble
Entertaining, funny, related well to both adults and children. Everyone really had fun.
–Safana, Springfield, VA
Thank you for making my son’s birthday special!
–Liz, Manassas, VA
Very, very satisfied. Louis was great with the kids and really maintained control and interest of the audience.
–Viola, Boyds, MD
Thanks for an amazing evening-you made our party! We look forward to only using you in the future.
Louis did a great job in his set and presentation to the age group. Was also patient with them when the boys were a little bit interruptive.
–Dan, Gaithersburg, MD
We can not thank you enough for your delightful magic show for our children! A foster parent has already called to say how much her little girl enjoyed the afternoon. Your contribution to this community’s most vulnerable children is very much appreciated. We look forward to working with you again in the future and bringing your very special talents to our children.
–Suzanne, Department of Human Services